- The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved the NEP with an aim to introduce several changes in the Indian education system - from the school to college level.
- A single regulator for higher education institutions, multipLE entry and exit options in degree courses, discontinuation of MPhil programmes low stakes board exams, common entrance exams for universities are among the highlights of the policy.
- The Cabinet also approved changing the name of the HRD Ministry to Education Ministry.
- Either one of the mother tongue or the local/regional language will be the medium of instruction up to Class 5 in all schools, the policy also proposes vocational education, with internships, for students from Class 6, a change to the 10+2 schooling structure and a four-year bachelor's programme.
- Among other changes in the revision of the NEP, last done over three decades ago, is the extension of right to education to cover all children between three and 18 years of age.NEP 2020 will bring two crore out-of-school children back into the mainstream.
- Night curfew has been scrapped altogether and gyms and yoga institutes that are not in containment zones have been allowed to reopen in Unlock3 but in containment zones lockdown strictly to be implemented till August 31.
- The government said schools, colleges and educational institutions will remain shut till the end of August.
- Metro rail operations, cinema halls, swimming polls, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums and other places which involve large gatherings, will also remain shut.
- Political/religious/cultural functions and other large congregrations not permitted.
- International air travel permitted in limited manner under Vande Bharat Mission.
- Virgin Galactic was founded by British billionaire Richard Branson after the prize-winning flights of the experimental SpaceShipOne in 2004.
- Passengers flying Virgin Galactic on suborbital trips into space will be able to see themselves floating weightless against the backdrop of the Earth below while 16 cameras document the adventures.
- Highly detailed amenities to enhance the customer flight experience were shown in an online event revealing the cabin of the company's rocket plane, a type called SpaceShipTwo, which is undergoing testing in preparation for commercial service.
- There are a dozen windows for viewing, seats that will be customised for each flight's six passengers and capable of adjusting for G forces, and, naturally, mood lighting.
- Jet designer Jeremy Brown said the passengers' most lasting impression may come from a large mirror at the rear of the cabin.
- The first batch of five Rafale jets took off from France on 27 July, and will be arriving in India on 29 July. The much-awaited fighter jets will officially be inducted and join the Indian Air Force fleet at the Ambala air base in Haryana on the day of its arrival.
- India ordered 36 Rafale jets which were built by French aviation firm Dassault in a deal worth Rs 59,000 crore in September 2016 as an emergency purchase to arrest the worrying slide in the IAF’s combat capabilities.
- Indian ambassador Jawed Ashraf was there to see off the Rafale aircraft. He also met Twelve IAF pilots and engineering crew members whose are fully trained on the Rafale fighter jets and congratulated them on becoming the first ones to fly the world’s most advanced and potent fighter aircraft and wished them success.
- Actor Sonu Sood donated a tractor to Nageswara Rao, a farmer from Andhra Pradesh's Chittoor district, after a video of his daughters tilling land went viral.
- After gifted a tractor, the family expressed their gratitude towards the actor saying that he is “no less than god” to them.
- They also said,"He might play a villain in films but he is a hero in real life. When we heard the reports of him helping thousands of migrant workers to reach their native states, we thought he is a real hero. We experienced it now. He is no less than a God to us".
- Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu applauded Sood's generosity and promised to fund the two young girls' education.
- The daughter of a roadside shoe-seller in Madhya Pradesh’s Sheopur has secured 97% in Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination.Her father runs a small shop of footwear near bus stand in Sheopur.
- While speaking to ANI, Madhu Arya said, “I have worked hard. I used to wake up at 4:00 am and studied for 8-10 hours every day. I want to be a doctor. I am preparing for NEET.” “My parents and the entire family members are very happy. I appeal to the government to support me in my higher education because my father can't afford it,” she added.
- "Madhu, many congratulations and best wishes! You just concentrate on your studies. As long as your uncle is Shivraj is here, you don't need to worry," Shivraj Singh Chouhan tweeted.
- In the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, a number of robots have been deployed at various places to minimise human contact. From a robot dog in Singapore to coronavirus-themed robots in Chennai, social media users have seen many unique machines in the last few months. However, this saree-clad robot is probably unlike anything you have ever seen before.
- A video that is going viral on Twitter, a robot, draped in a red saree, can be seen walking around a showroom in Tamil Nadu dispensing sanitiser to customers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the ₹3,054-crore “Manipur Water Supply Project” in Imphal on 24 July through video conferencing and said,it is the "Raksha Bhandan Gift" to manipur's women.
- The Manipur Water Supply project, an externally funded project, was designed to provide FHTCs to remaining households in the Greater Imphal Planning area, 25 towns, and for 1,731 rural habitations covering 2,80,756 households in 16 districts of Manipur.
- The fund for the project has been provided by the Centre under ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’ to provide freshwater household tap connections (FHTCs) to 1,185 habitations with 1,42,749 households.
- The project is an important component of the efforts of the state government to achieve the goal of ‘Har Ghar Jal’ by 2024. The project outlay is about Rs 3054.58 crore with a loan component funded by the New Development Bank.
- China launched its most ambitious Mars mission yet in a bold attempt to join the United States in successfully landing a spacecraft on the red planet.The Mars mission is named Tianwen-1, which in Mandarin means “Questions to Heaven”.
- The CNSA said, “The name signifies the Chinese nation's perseverance in pursuing truth and science and exploring nature and the universe.” and if it get successful, the probe, named Tianwen-1, will join an international community of explorers on Mars, comprising the US, Europe, Russia, India, and soon the UAE, which launched a mission to the Red plant on July 20.
- China’s tandem spacecraft — with both an orbiter and a rover — will take 7 months to reach Mars, like the others and then Tianwen1 look for underground water, if it’s present, as well as evidence of possible ancient life.
- Indian Premier League chairman Brijesh Patel confirmed that the 2020 edition of the tournament will be played between September 19 and November 8.
- The tournament will be held in UAE, pending all government clearances.
- The Emirates Cricket Board, and SLC, had approached the BCCI with the offer of playing host to the IPL, stating that they had the required infrastructure for it.
- The official announcement might happen only after the Indian Premier League's Governing Council meeting, but BCCI has joined the franchises in making logistical plans.
- Mukesh Ambani, the chairperson of Reliance Industries Ltd, is now the world’s richest man after surging past Warren Buffet, according to Forbes.
- The 63-year-old is now worth $74.6 billion, surpassing Berkshire Hathaway’s chief executive Buffett’s $72.7 billion as of Wednesday, according to the Forbes’ billionaires’ list.
- Mukesh Ambani has seen a string of deals for his digital business and shares of his conglomerate have more than doubled since a low in March.
- All this came after RIL’s Jio Platforms got more than $15 billion in investments from companies including Facebook Inc and Silver Lake.
- Mr Ambani is only next to Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, whose wealth is pegged at $89 billion.
- Domestic gold and silver futures soared to all-time highs on Wednesday tracking a global rally, with the yellow metal contract climbing above the Rs 50,000 mark for the first time ever.
- According to the India Bullion and Jewellers Association, a Mumbai-based industry body, the opening rate of gold jewellery stood at Rs 50,220 per 10 grams and silver at Rs 60,043 per kilogram on Wednesday - both excluding Goods and Services Tax.
- Precious metal prices have broken a series of records over the past few weeks amid rising COVID-19 cases in the country and the world. Typically, any sign of uncertainty in the capital markets boosts the appeal of gold as a safe-haven bet, as investors rush away from riskier asset classes.
- India’s gold imports in the June quarter plunged 96% from a year earlier to 13 tonne after shipments virtually halted in April and May.
- Department of Food & Public Distribution to ensure the delivery of food security entitlements to all beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA), has provided One Nation One Ration Card facility to 20 states/UT's.
- The 20 states, UTs are Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, Sikkim, Mizoram, Telangana, Kerala, Punjab, Tripura, Bihar, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan & all other States and Union Territories are targeted to be integrated before March 2021.
- Migrant laborours enabled with an option to lift their entitled quota of foodgrains from any Fair Price Shop (FPS) of their choice anywhere in the country by using their same/existing ration card with biometric/Aadhaar based authentication on an electronic Point of Sale (ePoS) device installed at the FPSs.
- The Food Ministry has also asked all states and Union Territories to operationalise the toll-free helpline number ‘14445’ for One Nation, One Ration Card scheme.
- The Centre has written to all states and union territories warning against the use of N-95 masks with valved respirators by people, saying these do not prevent the virus from spreading out and are "detrimental" to the measures adopted for its containment.
- DGHS Rajiv Garg said in the letter,"It is to bring to your knowledge that the use of valved respirator N-95 masks is detrimental to the measures adopted for preventing the spread of coronavirus as it does not prevent the virus from escaping out of the mask,& I request you to instruct all concerned to follow the use of face/mouth cover and prevent inappropriate use of N-95 masks".
- The government had in April issued an advisory on the use of homemade protective cover for face and mouth, asking people to wear it, particularly when they step out of their residences which must be washed and cleaned each day in the boiling water with adding salt.
- A video of Chris Evans saying that he will send Captain America shield to the six-year-old kid who spared his sister from a pooch assault has gone viral.
- Bridger Walker's, a brave 6-year-old boy who shielded his sister from an attacking dog, auntie shared the story of his boldness on Instagram and labeled the cast of Avengers planning to get an answer from them and her endeavors paid off.
- It didn't require some investment for Mark Ruffalo, the on-screen character who assumed the job of Hulk/Bruce Banner in the Avengers film establishment, to remark on the post. Also, presently, Captain America, played by Chris Evans, has a sweet message for the braveheart.
- After the clip was shared, it instantly went viral and managed to garner over 7.5 million views, 49.4k retweets, and 309.2k likes.
- Anurag Tiwari, son of a farmer from Sarasan village in Lakhimpur district in Uttar Pradesh, scored 98.2 per cent in his Class 12 examinations which has paved the way for his admission to a prestigious Ivy League University in the US on full scholarship.
- The 18-year-old humanities student scored 95 marks in Mathematics, 97 in English, 99 in Political Science, and a full 100 both in History and Economics, as per the exam results announced by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Monday.
- He has got selected to Cornell University where he would be pursuing higher studies in Economics as he scored 1,370 marks in his Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT), widely used for admissions to major colleges in the US, in December 2019.
- After the result of CBSE exam,he has now been given another letter from the globally renowned university that offered him a full scholarship.
- The rainfall that began on July 12 has flooded the Brahmaputra, which in turn inundated around 30 districts thereby affecting more than 45 lakh people all across the state.
- More than 70 people have lost their lives due to the flood and landslides. The flood has also submerged almost the entire of the Kaziranga National Park.
- Flood-affected families have deserted their submerged humble abodes and turned the boats into their makeshift home.
- Our sun was ready for its close-up last month, and the new Solar Orbiter mission captured the closest images ever taken of the sun during its first pass. The images were released on Thursday.
- The mission, which is a collaboration between NASA and the European Space Agency, launched in February and conducted a close pass of the sun in mid-June.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh accompannied with Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat and Army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane arrived in Leh on July 17 on a day-long visit to carry out a comprehensive review of the security scenario in the region amid the ongoing tension with China.
- Singh paid homage to the martyred soldiers in Galwan Valley and while interacting with Indian Army said, not one inch of India's land can be taken by any power in the world.He further said that the talks are on to resolve the dispute, however, there's no guarantee to what extent it can be resolved.
- On the fourth round of talks between senior commanders of Indian and Chinese armies on July 14,both sides discussed the roadmap for further reducing tensions along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- He is on a two-day visit to Ladakh on July 17 and Jammu and Kashmir on July 18 to review the situation on Line of Control (LoC).
- The 1.4km-long Sattarghat bridge on Gandak river inaugurated by Bihar's Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on June 16 through video conferencing was washed away in flood waters on July 15, just 29 days after inauguration.
- The foundation stone for the ₹263.47-crore bridge was laid by Mr. Kumar on April 5, 2012 and was built by the Bihar Rajya Pul Nirman Nigam Ltd.The bridge connects Gopalganj district with Saran and East Champaran districts, reducing the distance between Motihari and Chhapra by 45 kms.
- There is a no reaction of CM in this distarous incident and said “only an approach road of a minor bridge was damaged”.
- Opposition leaders Tejashwi Yadav (RJD) and Bihar Congress chief Madan Mohan criticised CM on this issue and Tejashwi tweeted "Beware! If someone terms it corruption by Nitish ji. Rs 263 crore is for just a glimpse. Even their rats consume alcohol worth this amount".
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Wednesday declared the CBSE class 10th exam results on its official website. Students who have appeared in the CBSE class 10 examination can check their results online at www.cbseresults.nic.in.
A total of 91.46 percent of students have passed the CBSE Class 10 examination. There is an increase of 0.36% percent from last year's performance.
With multiple reports saying that 18 lakh students appeared for the matric examination, the official websites may crash due to heavy traffic once results are declared. In such a case, students can check CBSE Class 10 results through mobile apps like DigiLocker and Umang or through an interactive voice response system (IVRS).
- Reliance Industries Limited’s (RIL’s) chairperson and managing director Mukesh Ambani announced search giant Google will invest Rs 33,737 crore for a 7.7% stake in its digital arm, Jio Platforms during the company’s first-ever virtual annual general meeting (AGM).
- In the last 12 weeks, the company has raised capital from investors such as Facebook, Silver Lake Partners (two investments), Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, Mubadala, ADIA, TPG, L Catterton, PIF, Intel Capital and Qualcomm Ventures and now become a truly a net debt-free company.
- Further, Ambani told about how JioMeet, JioTV+, Jio Glass, JioMart helps in the growth of the country by using new technologies.
- RIL developed the new platform from scratch will enable Jio to launch a world-class 5G service in India & will start offering the 5G network infrastructure services to telecom services as once the platform has acheived scale.
- The Vadodara City Police have captured one Shubham Mishra after he made a video, threatening to assault a high-quality humorist. The police's brief activity was commended by Bollywood big names who had been tweeting about the video all Sunday.
- Celebrities including Swara Bhaskar, stand-up comedian Kunal Kamra and various social media users called for Mishra's arrest and addressed the curb of freedom of speech.
- The National Commission for Women (NCW) had also sought immediate action from Gujarat Police. In a letter to Gujarat Director General of Police (DGP) Shivanand Jha, the NCW said it has been tagged in a video posted on Twitter in which the man can be seen hurling abuses and giving rape threats to the woman.
- Twitter accounts of some prominent figures were hacked and a tweet was posted through their accounts stating:
"Feeling grateful, doubling all my payments sent to my BTC address! You send me $1000, I send you $2000! Only doing this for next 30 minutes"
- If the tweet was deleted from accounts then another would appear and then next and the next. Then within the few minutes of breach the accounts were locked down and twwets were removed.
- Instagram said "It was a charity attack. Your money will find its way to the right place." It is said to be worst hack of socialmedia platform till now.
- Rajasthan's government politics take a new look after despoiled Deputy Chief Minister and state party chief Sachin Pilot along with two ministers Vishvendra Singh and Ramesh Meena as he denied to appear in the meeting of MLAs despite the leadership reaching out to him several times.
- Rajasthan congress party put the allegation on Pilot that he had a connection with BJP and Surjewala also said, he bogged in the conspiracy of BJP and tried to disrupt the democracy of party so strict action have to take.
- Later,Pilot changed his bio in their twitter account as 'Tonk MLA'& twitted "Truth can be rattled, not defeated" then showed gratitude to their supporters.
- Rajasthan's Education Minister Govind Singh Dotasra has been appointed in Pilot's place.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and CEO of Google & Alphabet Mr.Pichai held a virtual conference on a wide range of subjects that with the help of technology how the challenges can be overcome during global pandemic & discuss about new work culture with top business leader.
- The most concern topics were agriculture,sports,data security,cyber safety,online education,digital payment,healthcare services,methods to safeguard its economy and also importance of re-skilling.
- Pichai mentioned about the launch of AI Research Lab in Bengaluru, while also highlighting the benefits of Google's flood forecasting efforts and invest Rs 75,000 crore in the country over the next 5-7 years as India Digitisation Fund.
- The incident of threatening woman constable Sunita Yadav in Surat,Gujarat when she questioned to state health minister's son Prakash Kanani with his friends not to wearing mask during this pandemic and stopped them when they breaking the rules of curfew at night is set a fire on social media.
- He abused her and blustering about his power and said "make you stand at the same place for 365 days" then replied she was not their slave.
- After no getting any support from seniors of the police department,she decided to resign from her duty and later she transferred to police headquarter.
- Varachha police registered a case against the three for violating lockdown and curfew rules under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code and Epidemic Diseases Act and released them on bail on Sunday.
The entire Brahmaputra valley region, which includes the Kaziranga National Park area, has been submerged under the rising water. 51 Animals Dead, 100 Rescued
The current wave of floods in Assam has affected more than 21 lakh people in 27 districts of the state, killing six people on Monday. With that, the flood-related deaths now stand at 50.
A release from the Central Water Commission stated: “Intensity of rainfall over Northeast India has substantially reduced. However, isolated heavy falls are likely over the region during the next 3-4 days.”
- As per the WHO, 21 vaccines currently under key trials in which Russia get effective result on its first clinical trial on humans and become first country to give positive hope for COVID-19 vaccine.
- The vaccine is being developed and produced by the Gamaleya Scientific Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology along with the Russian defence ministry & at Sechenov University first phase of human clinical trial performed on 38 group of volunteers in two batches.
- As per report of Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), development of vaccine tooks place in three phases.
- All the volunteers are safe but remain under medical supervision after discharged.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the result for Class 12th examination on www.cbseresults.nic.in
The pass percentage in class 12 touched at 88.78 percent. The pass percentage has been increased by 5.28 percent. Last year, the pass percentage was 83.40 percent.
A total of 157934 students who scored >95% and above this year.
How to check marks online
Step 1: Visit the official website www.cbseresults.nic.in
Step 2: Click on the result link available on the homepage
Step 3: Log-in using credentials
Step 4: Result will appear, download
- Bollywood symbol Amitabh Bachchan, and Son Abhishek Bachchan informed that they have tested positive for COVID-19. They've been admitted to the Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai.
- One day later, on Sunday, Bollywood on-screen character Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and her girl Aaradhya also tested positive for coronavirus, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) affirmed.
- The Mumbai city body today sterilized the whole private and office premises of megastar Amitabh Bachchan in Juhu region and proclaimed it a control zone.
- At the time of COVID-19 pandemic, introducing the unique mask fancify with diaomond creates craze among customers and uplift the profit of jewellers.
- Dipak Choksi, owner of the jewellery shop said that he got the idea after a customer who had a wedding at his home came to our shop and demanded unique masks for bride and groom.
- N95 & 3-ply masks are saint, fitted with gold casket & then diamond studded on it and further depend on customer's choice.
- Mask made with yellow gold & American diamond costs 1.5 lakh and, another with white gold & real diamond costs 4 lakh rupees.
- City employees of New York City began painting “Black Lives Matter” in large yellow letters on the street outside Trump Tower to protest against him as he tweeted it would be “a symbol of hate”.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York said,"Black lives matter in our city, and Black lives matter in the USA", & joined workers to show Trump that he can't ignore us.
- Slogan would deface “this luxury Avenue” and “further antagonize New York’s Finest” according to the president & Mayor's reply it is “a movement to recognize and protect the lives of Black people”.
- India has banned 59 Chinese apps in the country. Aside from TikTok, which is probably the best-known app in the list.
- As potential threats to national security. It's not clear at this moment how the list of apps was created, and civil society groups like the Internet Freedom Foundation say that this ban might not be proper use of Section 69A of the IT Act.
- If you're a regular user of one of the 59 banned apps, we have some alternatives that you can try for each of these apps.
Trending Tota is an exclusive platform for trending news. The Platform comprises of news which is viral and particularly well-known trending these days. Our platform provides an ease to the users and get up to date with the news which are trending.
Why you should choose TT?
The explanation is straightforward, that we've made the User Interface especially recognizable and simple to use for the clients.
We utilize some examination and investigation on everyday news which are trending and after the examination, we utilize our mystery equation. We call it "TTmeter" and show the examination as measurable information as a rate or star. We at TT give the unsurpassed well-known inclining news which is getting famous in a next to no time.
The Totameter score is a trusted and analytical methods based on the likes of hundreds of verified users.
The Totameter score represents the percentage of verified user reviews that are positive for a given news. A Totameter score is calculated after a particular news receives a certain count to do the measurement of the reviews.